卧室制作人博客:FREE Online Mastering + Brainworx bx_meter @ Mastering.Studio

Mastering.Studio offers new members one FREE online master and the bx_meter ($99 value) plugin from Brainworx.

Mastering.Studio was founded by Dirk Ulrich, the man behind Brainworx and Plugin Alliance.

I was happy to see this because Dirk is known for his meticulous attention to detail when developing plugins. So, it’s hard to imagine he would roll out an automated mastering project without the same painstaking process.

With that said, I’ve no experience with Mastering.Studio, and can’t comment on results beyond the website demos yet.

Free Online Master By Mastering.Studio

Whether talking about digital (in the box) or analog mastering, it’s the last opportunity for human decisions to impact the sound of your project. I’ve always believed that it’s important to maintain that human touch when possible.

I use a bunch of mastering plugins, but I’m not a mastering engineer by any means, and I wouldn’t master a commercial project myself. I suspect a lot of people are in that position and paying for a professional mastering engineer every time you produce a new track isn’t realistic for most people.

So, while I believe the human touch should be maintained, I think online mastering services have a place. I’m genuinely intrigued to try out Mastering.Studio, because I just don’t see Dirk Ulrich doing it unless it offers something the current options do not.

The free Master has a $10 value, and after uploading your track, you can choose from four mastering styles; Miami, LA, London, and CD Remaster.

Free Copy Of bx_meter

The icing on the cake is a free copy of bx_meter from Brainworx ($99 value). The plugin is a sophisticated dynamic range meter with M/S.

The option to view the mid and side signals separately is an example of the precision visual feedback that bx_meter provides. You also have Solo listen buttons for the left, right, mid, and side signals.

As well as Peak, RMS, and Dynamic Range meters, it also features Balance and Correlation meters.

I like plugins that help you understand a problem properly before fixing it. The visual feedback you get from bx_meter tells you what you are hearing and why, so you can make the best possible decisions for your mix/master.

As I see it, there’s nothing to lose. I’m off to dig out an old un-mastered project and get a freebie from a well-established developer.

bx_meter is available in 64-bit AU, VST2, VST3, and AAX formats for macOS and Windows. Intel Macs only – macOS 10.9 – 11 and Windows 7 – 10 are supported.

More info:

Mastering.Studio

↑↑↑ 上方链接直接到达 ↑↑↑
资讯出处:FREE Online Mastering + Brainworx bx_meter @ Mastering.Studio - Bedroom Producers Blog