卧室制作人博客:FKFX Releases FREE Obvious Filter Plugin For Windows & macOS

FKFX releases Obvious Filter, a freeware morphing filter sequencer plugin for digital audio workstation software macOS and Windows.

FKFX is a new developer name on the plugin scene, but you might already be familiar with their work.

Ohmforce is one name that pops up when you look at this team’s extensive history in the industry, and I was lucky enough to try out Ohmicide in its early days. If you don’t know Ohmicide, it’s multiband-mayhem in every way, from the blood-splattered GUI to its sheer aggression.

I’m writing this before having the chance to try Obvious Filter, but it’s off to a good start at first sight. I say that because having the long feature list that it does, can sometimes lead to an overbearing GUI; in this case, it looks great.

There are ten analog-modeling filters; LP4, LP2, BP4, BP2, HP4, HP2, N4, N2, N2X, Peak, and Envelope. With those options, you have a generous amount of filter types to play with, but the beauty of Obvious Filter lies elsewhere in its Morph Sequencer. The plugin offers three morphing modes, Immediate, Morph, and Linear.

The way you can manipulate the shape of the filter modulation reminds me of the LFO drawing system in Cableguys DriveShaper that we covered not too long ago.

FKFX says Obvious Filter turns any input sound to a rhythmical sequence, which sums it up very well. I love plugins that allow you to create precise and complex results while also being able to turn nothing into something randomly.

The Rate knob sets the tempo of the modulation, including polyrhythmical rates. To the right of the GUI, you’ll find the modulation matrix. The mod matrix includes 33 destinations and 39 modulation oscillators.

You can get pretty deep into it with the mod matrix, but you can also do some simple things that make a real difference. It has a Note knob that controls the MIDI note, so you can add pitch shifts to make your rhythm more interesting.

As well as the abundance of options, you also get four built-in randomizers, and 128 presets. The randomizers are Re-Order, Curve, Sequence, and Everything; they add to that turn nothing into something ability when you’re creatively stuck. The presets do the same, whether you are using them as ready-made settings or as a starting point.

What I’ve seen and heard so far tells me that Obvious Filter should be a lot of fun to use and sounds great.

Obvious Filter is available in AU and VST3 formats, and so far, it looks like an absolute gem of a freebie!

Download:

Obvious Filter (5.87 MB download size, ZIP archive, VST3/AU plugin format for digital audio workstations on Windows & macOS)

↑↑↑ 上方链接直接到达 ↑↑↑
资讯出处:FKFX Releases FREE Obvious Filter Plugin For Windows & macOS - Bedroom Producers Blog