卧室制作人博客:TAL-Filter-3 Is A FREE Filter Modulation Plugin By TAL Software

Togu Audio Line released TAL-Filter 3, an improved version of its legendary freeware filter plugin. The new update is available for DAW software on macOS, Windows, and Linux in AU, VST, VST 3, and AAX formats.

TAL-Filter isn’t the only much-loved freeware plugin to be updated; we recently covered Surge v1.9, which we named in our best free synths along with TAL-Noisemaker.

It’s nice to see plugins like this one get updated; it makes you appreciate the developers’ time and effort even more.

TAL-Filter is still the simple and intuitive plugin it always was, but you can see some immediate updates at first glance. Controls for cutoff and stereo have been added to the previous lineup of resonance, depth, input, and output.

The cutoff knob is something that I know some users were eager to see. With the previous version, you’d control the frequency using the Y-axis of the GUI along with the depth knob. It wasn’t a significant problem in any way, but it’s even more tactile now, and that’s great.

The thing that makes TAL-Filter so interesting is that you can get complex results very quickly. TAL Software got the GUI/workflow spot on with the ability to draw any shape you like and tempo-sync it to your DAW. It reminds me of another plugin we covered recently, DriveShaper from Cableguys.

The simple interface makes it easy to create basic filter sweeps for EDM, wobble-bass for Dub, or anything else you can think of. On the bottom left of the GUI, you’ll see a drop-down menu that lets you choose a number of beats per bar for your tempo sync. You can also change the note type from normal to dotted, which offers up even more interesting patterns.

There are multiple modulation types, including LP 12dB, BP 12dB, HP 12dB, Pan, and Volume. Pan mode gives some pretty useful auto-pan effects that are nice on percussion or even little synth stabs/lines, while volume mode is great for creating a tremolo effect.

There are too many ways to use TAL-Filter to list, but the main ones for me are turning percussion into even more fascinating rhythms (sorry, Gershwin fan), creating pulsing bass/pads/drones, and even making cinematic rises/hits.

TAL-Filter isn’t the only filter that will do the job, but it’s definitely quicker and easier than some. When you add FREE to quick and easy, it’s usually a good thing!

I hope TAL Software continues to develop TAL-Filter for years to come because it’s worth it.

More info:

TAL-Filter 3

出处:TAL-Filter-3 Is A FREE Filter Modulation Plugin By TAL Software - Bedroom Producers Blog