卧室制作人博客:Spitfire Releases Free LABS Foghorn Brass Instrument

Spitfire Audio releases LABS Foghorn, a FREE cinematic brass instrument.

I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned this before, but I’m a massive fan of the LABS series. OK, so maybe I’ve mentioned it one or two dozen times, but I stand by it; I love LABS.

Also, if you could read I love LABS, as Steve Carell says, I love lamp in the Anchorman movie, that would be perfect.

Foghorn brings the sound of the Sumburgh Foghorn, built in the early 20th century to guide passing ships through the fog.

The dark and ominous wouldn’t be out of place in a scene from War of the Worlds. It’s a sound that surrounds you rather than comes directly towards you, and in cinematic terms, that can be pretty terrifying.

Although not in use anymore, there are some very cool videos of the Sumburgh Foghorn being sounded, and it’s quite an intricate device. Spitfire Audio captured not only the horn but also the mechanical sounds that precede it.

As with all LABS releases, Foghorn shows incredible attention to detail.

The thing I like most about Foghorn is that it’s not an impact sound; it’s not a sign that something has happened. It’s a sound that suggests something could happen at any time, and you’ve no idea what, and there’s nothing you can do about it.

When you’re working on a cinematic composition, any sound that instantly creates so much tension and anxiety with such little effort is worth its weight in gold.

The LABS series has more instruments than I can remember, and most are fantastic.

If you’re looking for something to compliment Foghorn, check out the recent Tape Piano and Cello Moods. Cello Moods is a particular favorite of mine.

The one thing I hate about new LABS releases is that they always make me want to drop what I’m doing and score a movie. Of course, I have no time to score a film right now, nor a film to score, but I’ll focus on the fact I have little time; yeah, that’s it, I’m too busy for Hollywood.

As usual, this LABS release works with the free Spitfire Audio plugin, which is available in AU, VST2, VST3, and AAX formats for macOS (10.13 – 11 – M1 supported) and Windows (7, 8, or 10).

If you’re looking for more cinematic sounds, check out the free Cinematic Sound Effects collection by Flame Sound.

Download:

LABS Foghorn

More:

↑↑↑ 上方链接直接到达 ↑↑↑
资讯出处:Spitfire Releases Free LABS Foghorn Brass Instrument - Bedroom Producers Blog