卧室制作人博客:ElephantDSP Releases FREE Room Reverb Plugin

ElephantDSP offers Room Reverb, a freeware reverb VST plugin for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Room Reverb is a FREE and open-source algorithmic reverb plugin. It uses the implementation of Moorer’s early reflection model and Joe Dattorro’s Progenitor Reverb from Freeverb3. Freeverb3 is an open-source signal processing library featuring a selection of processing effects and signal generators.

Other plugins to utilize Freeverb3 include Dragonfly Reverb (as featured in our best FREE reverb VST plugins article).

The Room Reverb plugin is a straightforward plugin with a no-fuss GUI. The resizable GUI has three main sections; Output, Early Reflections, and Late Reverb.

Every parameter comes with a built-in explanation, which is always pretty helpful.

In the Output section, you’ll see individual level controls for each reverb part: Early Reflections Level, Early Reflections Send Level, and Late Reverb Level. You’ll also find controls for the Dry Level and Stereo Width.

The Early Reflections and Late Reverb sections feature the following parameters.

Early Reflections: Room Size and Damping.

Late Reverb: Room Size, Decay, Pre-delay, Damping, Diffusion, Spin, and Wander.

The Spin and Wander parameters set the modulation rate of the late reverberation and the strength of the modulation, respectively.

Room Reverb offers more than enough parameters to feel like you are in complete control, even if it takes time to find the perfect setting.

The developer has included a bunch of presets from small rooms to very large rooms. My personal preference is the small to medium room presets, just enough to round off any harshness. I particularly like the Small Room (Dark), and Medium Room (Dark) presets.

Going against what I’ve just said, I also liked the Long Reverbs (12s/30s). Obviously not for general playing/performance, but it could be helpful for easy atmospheric textures that you want to ring out uncomfortably.

Room Reverb is the first plugin from ElephantDSP, and I hope there’s more to come.

Available in 64-bit AU and VST3 formats for macOS, Windows, and Linux. I’m running macOS 12.1 with Logic Pro and had no issues.

Download:

Room Reverb (2.18 MB download size, ZIP archive, auto/manual installer available, 64-bit VST3/AU plugin format for Windows, macOS, Linux)

More:

↑↑↑ 上方链接直接到达 ↑↑↑
资讯出处:ElephantDSP Releases FREE Room Reverb Plugin - Bedroom Producers Blog