卧室制作人博客:NoiseAsh Rule Tec EQ1A Is FREE With Any Purchase

ADSR Sounds offer Rule Tec EQ1A ($29.90 retail price) from NoiseAsh FREE with every purchase.

If the name doesn’t give it away, the Rule Tec EQ1A is an emulation of the legendary Pultec EQP-1A. It’s one of many plugin emulations of the Pultec EQ, including offerings from Waves, Softube, and Universal Audio, amongst others.

So, what makes the Rule Tec EQ1A stand out? Right now, you can get it free with any purchase at ADSR Sounds, and that’s enough to get my attention. The NoiseAsh Rule Tec EQ1A freebie will run throughout April, so grab it while it’s there.

The Pultec tone was born in the 50s and has graced countless hit records ever since. It’s such a highly sought-after sound, and it’s no surprise that so many plugin developers have had a go at recreating it. With hardware units costing thousands of dollars, some kind of emulation is the likely option for most of us.

I have a few Pultec software emulations and one hardware emulation. If I had to say which one is my favorite, it would be a difficult choice because they all do a pretty good job. You can hear differences from one plugin to another, and that’s probably as much to do with the source hardware as anything else.

The behavior of analog hardware isn’t exactly consistent from one unit to the next, especially over time. Reproducing the circuitry digitally to mimic the relationship/interaction of all parts is the only way to get the feel and sound of a real Pultec. It’s not enough to have some presets that sound a bit like the original; it has to deliver the push and pull you get from having dedicated Boost and Attenuate knobs.

One does not simply offset the other (Nor does one simply walk into Mordor! Sorry, couldn’t resist adding this useful reminder. – Editor’s note); instead, you can use both together to get results that aren’t otherwise possible. Rule Tec EQ1A is new to me, but what I’ve heard so far suggests that NoiseAsh has done a great job in mimicking that push/pull relationship authentically.

Compared with other plugins I have, it’s perhaps a touch brighter, maybe a touch harsher. But, again, that could come from the source hardware.

More Pultec-influenced freebies are out there, like Warmy EP1A Tube EQ from Kiive Audio or Analog Obsession’s Rare BPB Edition. However, the Rule Tec EQ1A is usually $99 ($29.90 when on sale), so I’d grab it while free.

Rule Tec EQ1A is available in 64-bit VST3, AU, and AAX formats for macOS (10.9.5 upwards) and Windows (7 upwards). You can get it for free via ADSR Sounds.

More info:

Rule Tec EQ1A (FREE with any purchase @ ADSR Sounds)

↑↑↑ 上方链接直接到达 ↑↑↑
资讯出处:NoiseAsh Rule Tec EQ1A Is FREE With Any Purchase - Bedroom Producers Blog