卧室制作人博客:BreadSlicer Is A FREE Glitch/Stutter Plugin By Audio Blast

Audio Blast releases BreadSlicer, a FREE glitch and stutter effect plugin.

BreadSlicer is available for macOS, Windows, and Linux in AU, VST2/VST3, and AAX formats.

On the Audio Blast website, there is a line that says, “easy to use with a funny interface, and Free!!!.” I’m not sure I could come up with a more fitting tagline.

The GUI shows a comical image of a man using a vintage mechanical bread slicing machine, complete with a bicycle chain and all. I like the quirkiness of it because it’s not at the expense of functionality.

Easy to use is an understatement, a good one; there are only three controls. The controls are On/Off (Slicer), Size, and Gate.

You can set the Size of each slice to 1/4, 1/8, or 1/16 bar. The Gate controls the thickness of each slice from 0% to 100%. I love that Audio Blast committed to the name so much that I could almost be writing a for sale ad for an old bread cutting machine right now.

Once BreadSlicer chops up the incoming audio, it will rearrange it to create interesting tempo-synced effects. Rearranging the slices might randomly include reversing the sound of some.

There isn’t much to BreadSlicer, but I could say the same about actual bread, and we still love it.

The great thing about BreadSlicer, and simple plugins like it, is that they are often a shortcut to complete transformation.

Glitchy effects in audio and video are very cool but often overused. Think of it like going for a Michelin star meal and filling up on bread before your dinner arrives. There are two reasons I say think of it that way; the first is that I’m shamelessly talking about bread as much as I can, and the second is to demonstrate the main course no longer has the same appeal.

When glitch and stutter effects are overused, the music as a whole loses its appeal and purpose. However, it can be the best thing since sliced bread when used in just the right places.

Turn a boring loop into something exciting, create Skrillex-like vocal chops, and transform your half-baked ideas into, I guess, baked ideas? You get the idea.

Thanks to Audio Blast for a cool freebie; get it now straight out the oven. All bread puns in comments will be applauded.

It’s worth noting that ADSR Sounds are offering Audio Blast’s Instalooper3 and Acid Box at a 60% discount till January 11th, 2022 (and you’ll get a bonus free plugin by Yum Audio with any purchase).

Download:

BreadSlicer (2.8 MB download size, ZIP archive containing EXE installer, 64-bit VST2/VST3/AU/AAX plugin for Windows, macOS, Linux)

↑↑↑ 上方链接直接到达 ↑↑↑
资讯出处:BreadSlicer Is A FREE Glitch/Stutter Plugin By Audio Blast - Bedroom Producers Blog