卧室制作人博客:DSPplug esquire3 Is A FREE Limiter Plugin By King Oz Records

King OZ Records releases DSPplug esquire3, a FREE limiter plugin for Windows.

As the third release in the esquire limiter range, esquire3 promises some notable improvements over its predecessors. The previous versions carried the LA School branding rather than DSPplug.

esquire3 is a brick wall limiter offering consistency without latency in an easy-to-use package.

The most significant change from previous versions is that esquire3 is a hybrid LU/dBFS limiter. Robert E. Langford, the developer, talks about LU having a slight latency, which means it can’t offer proper real-time detection. The improved hybrid algorithm provides accurate real-time detection.

Another improvement on previous versions is how lightweight the plugin is. Efficiency has always been a priority for the developer, and every aspect of esquire3 has been optimized for maximum efficiency.

Robert coded the plugin from scratch in ruby, adding no unnecessary bells and whistles. There are no graphics that move faster than the fps rate, and you’re unlikely to hear any unwelcome click/pops in use, thanks to the optimized DSP.

Despite the focus on efficiency, esquire3 comes with a GUI that looks as good as most and better than many, especially free plugins.

With no macOS version, esquire3 isn’t a limiter I can use, but it sounds very interesting on listening to some demos. It seems like a shortcut to a radio-ready voice if you do voiceovers or podcasts. Shaping the sound with the attack/release and raising the Ceiling gives the voice a smooth, polished delivery.

The effect when increasing the Ceiling is quite apparent and adds so much presence without being too in your face.

If you need a free limiter that works on both macOS and Windows, check out dBComp from the fantastic Analog Obsession.

I have to admit; King OZ Records was new to me, so I listened to Robert E. Langford discuss the backstory a little. In a nutshell, after being unhappy with various professional plugins, he set about creating something better. He did so with the caveat that his work would always be affordable for most creators; his paid plugins are around $5, on average, which is awesome.

Download esquire3 for free in 64-bit VST2/VST3 formats for Windows.

Download:

DSPplug esquire3 (19.8 MB download size, ZIP archive, 64-bit VST2/VST3 plugin format for Windows)

↑↑↑ 上方链接直接到达 ↑↑↑
资讯出处:DSPplug esquire3 Is A FREE Limiter Plugin By King Oz Records - Bedroom Producers Blog