卧室制作人博客:Burier 2.0 FREE Saturation Plugin Updated With New GUI

Kit Plugins release Burier 2.0, an update to the awesome FREE saturation plugin.

Anyone who didn’t catch Burier the first time around should check out our original post. But, here’s a quick reminder:

Burier was the very first plugin released by the Nashville-based KIT Plugins. It’s an awesome saturation plugin that quickly became many people’s favorite freebie or at least one of them.

Saturation plugins are used regularly to create analog warmth in the digital domain. Analog warmth, in hardware terms, comes from overloading tape machines, tube amps, etc.

We don’t all have access to vintage hardware, so we look to plugins like Burier, BPB Saturator, Softube Saturation Knob, or DirtyPumper to emulate the behavior of those analog components.

The sound or feeling associated with analog warmth might not be precisely the same from one person to the next. But, generally speaking, saturation is considered a more subtle and musical effect than other types of distortion.

When someone uses the word distortion rather than saturation, we tend to think of a far more aggressive sound. Burier’s saturation circuit can do subtle or “full-on savage,” so you’re covered, whatever mood takes you.

Burier 2.0 looks much the same as the original release, but now, the HD-enhanced GUI is resizable and has three color options. The available colors are red, black, and a steely blue. I like the steely blue look, not quite as much as Zoolander’s Blue Steel look, but I like it.

Beyond the impressive saturation circuit, Burier offers resonant low/high-cut filters, each of which has a 12dB per octave slope. The filters are IIR (Infinite Impulse Response) with a topology-preserving structure.

The plugin also gives you control over the dry/wet Mix, Output level, and Link (auto gain compensation).

Burier is a simple but versatile saturation plugin that works well on a wide range of sources, and it provides the right amount of tonal shaping without needlessly complicating things. Simplicity is perhaps the best thing about Burier, as many plugins that do a similar job do so in a more convoluted way.

We sometimes see free plugins that we’d be happy to pay for, like the Analog Obsession offerings. In my opinion, Burier is in that category, although I’m delighted it’s free.

If you don’t have it yet, get it. KIT Plugins has also updated its BB N105 channel strip.

Burier 2.0 is available in AU, VST3, and AAX formats for macOS (10.11 or later, M1 not yet natively supported) and Windows (7 or 10).

Download:

Burier 2.0 (64-bit VST3/AU/AAX plugin format for Windows & macOS)

↑↑↑ 上方链接直接到达 ↑↑↑
资讯出处:Burier 2.0 FREE Saturation Plugin Updated With New GUI - Bedroom Producers Blog